Tuesday, November 06, 2012
Collapsing into Consciousness
I'm writing this on election Day, Nov. 6th, 2012, while wondering which authoritarian corporate warmonger will wind up "leading" the country for the next four years. Yes, you're reading that right. I'm done voting for the lesser of two evils, because even a vote for "the lesser" is still a vote for evil. I'm also thinking about The East Coast and the aftermath of Sandy, the Superstorm, hoping that the suffering of so many will lessen soon, and that things will return to normal as soon as possible. Silly me...things will never return to "normal." We---us, the nation, the world---have passed the point where things will ever be "normal" again.
I also wonder how so many people in New York and New Jersey find them selves without food, water, gas for generators, and so much more after being warned about what was coming ten days in advance; why they chose to ignore the warnings and did not do even the smallest amount of preparation? Are we so locked in denial and our arrogance that we simply refuse to believe these things could happen to us and our communities? I wonder how many people---perhaps even you reading this---now see the "frankenstorm" as a wake-up call to do at least 3 weeks of "prepping" for whatever might come along?
We are now going through a remarkable time in humankind's history and we are being asked---no, challenged---to wake up on all fronts: emotionally, spiritually, physically, and intellectually. Our survival depends on it. We are being challenged to evolve, and evolve we must, or we will perish. We won't be the first. Several versions of Hominids---we're a Hominid---have gone extinct on the planet.
The evolution of our species is the only thing that can save us. It has become painfully obvious that Einstein was correct when he said, "“You can never solve a problem on the level on which it was created.” Our problems are overwhelming us.
On that cheery note, I'm creating a new website called "Collapsing into Consciousness," a member-based forum---with free sections---to help people learn how to take care of themselves and others. The forum membership pages will be broken down into categories and, ideally, each category will be managed by someone who is an expert or a very knowledgeable person in that category. Some of the topics the forums will include are Sustainability Memes, Evolutionary Metaphysics, Community, Resilience, Prepping, Economics, Energy, Environment, and much, much more, all designed to help conscious individuals to get more conscious while learning how to navigate what's already begun. As soon as the website is up---in the next month or two---I'll be inviting others to participate by being forum managers, and once we have those in place, we'll go live.
In the meantime, here's a gift for you to get started:
TEN STEPS TOWARD COLLAPSING INTO CONSCIOUSNESS
1. Build your internal bunker: The new world will present unprecedented emotional and spiritual challenges. We need to do our inner work, especially around shadow.
2. Physical preparedness: Don't underestimate the logistical challenges. Start now if you haven't already. Work on becoming resilient and self-sustaining. Are you where you need to be?
3. Get out of debt: Debt and our current financial system is designed to keep you enslaved. Take control of your finances.
4. Get local: Think globally, act locally, especially around food and community.
5. Commit to simplicity: Evaluate your possessions and determine what you'll need and what will be a burden. We all have too much crap, anyway.
6. Commit to establishing relationships that support your preparation.
7. Commit to your relationship with your physical body: Some sort of daily exercise or movement. Get in shape.
8. Develop the practices of kindness and gratitude: They will come back to you.
9. Create something beautiful every single day: In service to life and each other.
10. Speak up: because your soul knows what's right.
This article appears in the November 2012 Integral Warrior newsletter.