Terri is one of my favorite people for a lot of reasons. Besides all of the above, Terri walks into a room in full presence , and unassuming humility, unlike anyone else I have ever seen. In my non-expert opinion, she radiates and embodies Spiral Dynamics' Turquoise level of development.
All of this aside, Terri introduced our first-year "Generating Transformational Change in Human Systems" cohort to Insight Dialogue, for which I will be forever grateful. It was co-developed by Terri and Greg Kramer in 1994
Here's how Insight Dialogue listening and speakingworks in a nutshell (thanks to Cain at Zaadz, for this outline):
- Commit to the process---bring your awareness to the present moment
- Pause–call forth to slow down, to drop ignorance, to see more deeply, and brighten the mind.
- Relax—call forth in the face of stress, of challenging truths, and to bring ease to the body-mind.
- Open—call to move out of isolated practice, loops, and selfish patterns, to be out of contraction.
- Trust Emergence—call forth for energy, to end doubt, and to ride the moment.
- Listen Deeply—call into inquiry, receptivity, and to extend the heart.-
- Speak the Truth—call forth to end stasis, to enhance generosity and courage, to bring meditative interaction.
This is, by far, the deepest, most powerful, mediative experience I've ever had, and to share it with others is even more amazing.