Sunday, June 04, 2006

An Inconvenient Truth: An Era of Consequences

I'n not going to write a lot about this movie, except to say, you must see it, and you must take everyone you know.

"Humanity is sitting on a ticking time bomb. If the vast majority of the world's scientists are right, we have just ten years to avert a major catastrophe that could send our entire planet into a tail-spin of epic destruction involving extreme weather, floods, droughts, epidemics and killer heat waves beyond anything we have ever experienced."

An Inconvenient Truth

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe the expression "era of consequences" is a quote from Winston Churchill. Would you happen to know
the complete quotation?

Thank you for your help,
RLK

Anonymous said...

"The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing, and baffling expedience of delays is coming to a close. In its place, we are coming to a period of consequences." - Winston Churchil

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the full quotation. Finally got to see this movie here in Singapore yesterday. Much of the material I knew about already and so I was prepared for the bad news. The Churchill quote resonated with me, and I plan to trot it out as often as I can.