Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Secret Behind the Secret

Finally....An integral perspective on The Secret and the problem with Oprah. It's not that I can't hear what the power of positive thinking can do (I use it myself with manifesting intention), but manipulating messages for personal gain, and then getting the message so incredibly wrong, is inexcusable.

If I hear one more person telling me The Secret has changed their life, I think I'm going to puke.

Bill at Integral Options Cafe and Peter Birkenhead, writing over at Salon, both nail it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gary,

Just started reading your blog (I live in Oregon and am interesting in integral things) and found this post. Here are a couple of other perspectives on The Secret (although not the macho dismissal that I see in many integral circles)...

The Secret: Benefits all around

Transcend and exclude

Law of Attraction