Friday, March 14, 2008

Stepping into the Void

At the last Seattle Men's Group I facilitated two weeks ago, we used the Men's Challenge Deck as a tool for being authentic. I drew a card that required me to take 5 minutes to compose a poem about the challenges in my life. The other men then judge your authenticity, keeping you real and in integrity.

Here's the result of my 5 minute poem:

Laughing,
free.....
"Thank God, Almighty,
Free at last!"
Leaving,
smiling,
complete,
integrity intact.
leaving no ends untied
but leaving still,
I step out of the old,
into the new,
smiling,
joyfully,
into the next phase of my life.
Fearlessly...
Purposefully...
Fully.
I won't tell you the men in the group perceived my attempt. That is for you to decide from your own perspective.

I leave a week from today.

No comments: