Thursday, April 12, 2007

Day 2: Shamanic Breathwork Intensive

We haven't even started breathing, and I'm already getting my ass kicked. Shadow stuff is coming up for me from all directions, including what I think is a really big one: The death of my college sweetheart just before graduation. I'm already seeing how I'm not finished grieving over that.

Shamanic Breathwork (TM) is very closely related to the integral models and processes I'm most familiar with. Today's Shaman is a model of integration, death and rebirth, psycho-spiritual integration, Spirit into matter (Agape) and Eros descending.
Like our Integral Salon spaces, Shamanic counseling, as done and supported by Venus Rising, is all about creating safe containers in which consciousness can grow and expand - if it wishes to - and works at, and recognizes, all developmental models at once: you get what you need!


The next blog will be about my breathwork, and I think it's going to be ugly.....and good....

2 comments:

Ahnysnana said...

Thanks for the initiation. I begin the process next month and it is quite a gift to get the eagles view from anothers' eyes. My experience with breathwork, facilitated with the Shaki Priestess process was an amazing out of body experience transported to a past life ceremony. I told the folks back home it made the old drug and alcohol knowings comparable to pre-school. Thanks for sharing the ride.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I've been thinking of you this week. Sounds like you've been hitting some really vital areas. Hope to have a chance to talk to you when you return.