Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Last Day, Shamanic Breathwork Intensive

"It's a good day to die....."

That came up time and time again during this 8-day Shamanic Breathwork (TM) intensive I've just gone through. This process is all about death and rebirth.... Dying to ourselves and being reborn.... Dying to find salvation....Creating a major disorienting dilema, pushing through it, reintegrating, and being reborn with new awareness about who we are.

"How you doin', Gary?"

"Fine, thanks."

Of course, "fine" is just an acronym for "fucked-up, insecure, neurotic, and emotional."

I am fucked up, but I got a little better this week. because I know a couple of the places where I've been wounded, and even how I carry generations of the wounds of my family in my DNA. I'm going to be processing what happened to me this week for a while...maybe a long while, and it means consciously making changes in my life. It also means having much more compassion and love for those who have wounded me, and for my own responsibility around those wounds.

Even as I'm writing this, I feel it all coming up, and the processing continues.

Shamanic Breathwork (TM) breaks you down, and forces the surrender of ego. And it's only when we drop to our knees, only when we totally surrender, and only when we can willingly ask for help, that we can can be reborn anew. "Help" is the most profound prayer we can express.

I don't know that Shamanic Breathwork (TM) takes us vertically to the next level of consciousness, or if it heals us horizontally so we just get better at where we are, and I suppose it can do both.

What I do know is that in order to transform the world, we have to first transform ourselves. This is truly amazing, healing work.

After I get back, I'm going to start laying out this process in the AQAL framework so you can see how this fits he model. I've been doing that all week and have confirmed what I believed before I got here, and one of the reasons I did this intensive: In my opinion, this is a complete Integral practice/process, and I'll show you why, with charts.

SeattleIntegral is bringing Shamanic Breathwork to Seattle in June.

Image: www.dreamingheart.com

No comments: